FreeBSD Port: prosody-0.8.2

Benjamin Podszun benjamin.podszun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 20:37:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM, David Thiel <lx at redundancy.redundancy.org>wrote:

> On 02/06, Benjamin Podszun wrote:
> > Maybe I can help with that - since I plan to migrate/relocate and
> > that's a core part of what I need here (which is why I'm diving into
> > ports about 30min after my first FreeBSD installation in years). So -
> > one tester, ready to help out. ;-)
>
> Thanks!

Depending on your progress: Attached the diff that bumps luasec as far as I
can tell (builds, installs - but I haven't actually _used_ the package).
Note: There might be atrocities in that diff. How can I know.. ;-)

> > Luasocket: Well, can you explain what you mean? Are you talking about
> > luasec including luasocket (and again, in a prerelease 3.x version)? If
> you
> > could tell me a bit more I'd be happy to invest some time/give it a go.
>
> Ugh, I forgot about this part of the mess. So, Prosody says that
> Luasocket 2 is "required", but the new Luasec includes luasocket 3. Do
> we update the Luasocket port to 3, hosted on its new GitHub repo? Does
> this mean that the updated Luasec and luasocket ports would actually
> conflict with each other? If you know or can find those answers, that'd
> be useful.

I'll see what I can find out. According to the (generally lua-knowledgable)
prosody folks these libraries might even be merged in the future..
For now I'll see if I can use the 0.9.1 patch (and bump it maybe?) so that
I can prosody as my test application.

On a different note: Is this back and forth okay on this list or .. too
much spam? :)

Ben