FreeBSD Port: prosody-0.8.2

Benjamin Podszun benjamin.podszun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:24:04 UTC 2014

Hi.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Kurt Jaeger <pi at opsec.eu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Starting from 20.08.2013 prosody is on 0.9, 0.9.2 was released in
> > January 2014.
>
> Have a look at
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/182075
>
> there is an update to 0.9.1 as a patch and one open question
> someone has to solve.

Thanks for the link. I .. didn't know better to search there first. Sorry
about that. So I guess I want that bug to be resolved, with a bump to 0.9.2
ideally :)

> > Is there any chance to see an update to this port? Are you still
> > interested in this project or is the port currently abandoned?
> > Can I help with anything to bump this to a more current (ideally: THE
> > current) version?
>
> If you can try to coordinate with the luasec and luasocket maintainers ?

Actually I think that's a non-issue (now). The comment from lx/the
maintainer of prosody claims that s2s is broken (no idea, haven't tried the
patch just yet) and wonders if we'd need the forked lua dependencies.
Looking at the prosody project page [1] even THEY don't realize that the
situation has changed and they still point to [2] as a 'fork just to get a
release out'. The luasec bug [3] was closed just a week ago - in other
words: luasec proper, the official version, got a new release out and the
fork should be irrelevant now. A quick chat with the prosody developers
seems to confirm that.

That said: The luasec changes _shouldn't_ break s2s (merely disable some
features, such as PFS for TLS for example).

So .. this probably now needs a bump for lua51-luasec (which lists no
individual maintainer, points to ports at freebsd.org only) from 0.4 to 0.5.
How would I approach that? Looking at the port myself and giving it a try?
Attaching that to a bug of sorts (similar to the prosody one)?

Thanks a lot/regards,
Ben

1: https://prosody.im/doc/depends#luasec
2: https://prosody.im/doc/depends/luasec/prosody