Problem compiling Squid 3.x + TP_PF (FreeBSD 10)

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 17:41:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Enrique Ayesta Perojo <
eayesta at portugalete.uned.es> wrote:

> Hello, i have a problem trying to install Squid 3.3 or Squid 3.2 from
> ports as a transparent proxy on a fresh installed FreeBSD 10 box.
> I have the whole system sources at /usr/src
> In the configure phase i got this error:
>
> -----------
> configure: choosing user-specified net I/O API kqueue
> configure: Using kqueue for the IO loop.
> checking if setresuid is actually implemented... yes
> checking for constant CMSG_SPACE... no
> checking if strnstr is well implemented... no
> checking if va_copy is implemented... yes
> checking if __va_copy is implemented... yes
> configure: IPF-based transparent proxying enabled: no
> configure: error: PF-based transparent proxy requested but needed header
> not found
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to tmseck at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
> the
> "/usr/ports/www/squid33/work/squid-3.3.11/config.log" including the output
> of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
> provide
> an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
> /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/squid33
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/squid33
> -------------

Let's see. The instructions said to notify tmseck at FreeBSD.org. I don't see
any indication that you did so. They also say to attach the config.log
file.  I see no attached file.

While it is possible that someone other than the maintainer of the port
could help, without the log file, it's pretty unlikely.

Please try again after reading and following what appear to be the clear
instructions supplied in the error message.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com