libncursesw.so linker script syntax error?

Keith Beattie ksbeattie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 18:26:35 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 23:54, Scot Hetzel wrote:

>> Here's libncursesw.so:
>>
>> $ cat /usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so
>> INPUT(libncursesw.so.5 AS_NEEDED(-ltinfow))
>>
> I don't get that output when I `cat /usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so`.
> When I use `file /usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so*` it shows:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so: symbolic link to `libncursesw.so.6'
> /usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so.6: symbolic link to `libncursesw.so.6.0'
> /usr/local/lib/libncursesw.so.6.0: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel
> 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked, not stripped
>
> Try uninstalling the devel/ncurses port again, and check if there are
> any left over libncurses* files and remove them.

Tried that, didn't work.  It rebuilds the .so as an ldscript again.  Similarly with libncurses.so.

What does seem to work is moving aside libncursesw.so and making it a symlink to libncursesw.so.5 (which is in turn a link to .so.5.9).

I haven't tested this yet, but my guess is that the 5.9.20131221 update to the ncurses port introduced this.

Thanks,
ksb