[Upgrade to FreeBSD10] hplip issue

David Marec david.marec at davenulle.org
Mon Feb 3 08:03:18 UTC 2014

On 03.02.2014 01:18, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 4:14 AM, David Marec <david.marec at davenulle.org> wrote:
>> I don't know why this file was not updated during the hplip installation.
>>
> [...]
>   if there were any changes to hplip.conf file, it doesn't get removed
> when the port is uninstalled.  And if the file exists, it won't
> overwrite your changes.
>
> Did you customize this file before you re-installed?

No. But I guess this file wasn't removed when I requested the deletion
of all the ports using 'pkg delete', once FreeBSD was upgraded.
But, at that time, the scanning switch was enabled in the file.

> Does the hplip.conf.sample file have scanner-build=yes?

The only difference is the line I set up to fix the issue, after the
(re)installation:
david:/<1>local/etc/hp>diff hplip.conf hplip.conf.sample
25c25
< scanner-build=yes
---

--