Portmaster does not accept installed net/openldap24-sasl-client

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 1 21:14:50 UTC 2014

On 1/29/2014 7:31 AM, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
> I have a fresh installation of FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE and I am having
> trouble with portmaster. Portmaster does not accept the installed port
> net/openldap24-sasl-client when I try to upgrade or install ports that
> depend on openldap-client.
>
> One the other hand, when installing ports with "make install clean"
> these ports immediately accept the installed net/openldap24-sasl-client.
>
> I have summarized my observations in the FreeBSD forum:
> https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44576
>
> Please let me know, if you need any other information to clarify this
> issue.
>
> Should I inform the port maintainer of OpenLDAP? From the Makefile of
> this port I conclude Xin LI <delphij at FreeBSD.org> should be the right
> one. Can you confirm this - I am still rather new to FreeBSD?

This is http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=184797

It was a bug with pkg, which portmaster uses to register and track
installed ports.

I've just committed a fix to ports-mgmt/pkg which will fix this issue.