https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ Attic URLs, eg for ports/mail/demime ?

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 31 10:04:42 UTC 2014

+--On 30 décembre 2014 18:40:10 -0700 Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com>
wrote:
| On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
|

|> +--On 27 décembre 2014 20:35:03 -0600 Mark Linimon
|> <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:
|> |
|> | Sounds good.
|>
|> MMmm, well, yeah, but ports should be added with
|> /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/addport script, that *will do the right thing*.
|
| You mean the content is wrong?  I was just concerned about having it in
| the right place.

No, to my knowledge, the content is right, but the procedure to resurrect a
port can be a bit tedious, and thus people don't follow it and just add the
port as if it was new.  On the other hand running the addport script will
do the right thing all the time.  (And if there are cases where it does not
work, which, to my knowledge, there are none, it can be fixed.)

--
Mathieu Arnold