Python 3 doc?

Shane Ambler BSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Sun Dec 28 03:36:35 UTC 2014

On 28/12/2014 11:15, George Mitchell wrote:
> I have both python 2.7.8 and python 3.3.5 installed on my machine.  When
> I build lang/python-doc-html, I end up with python-doc-html-2.7.8.  Is
> it possible to also get python-doc-html-3.3.5 generated and installed
> somehow?                                                       -- George

There are two settings that determine the version of python being used -

DEFAULT_VERSIONS can be set in /etc/make.conf and will effect the
python version used for every port you build. This can also be used to
define other default versions, see /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk

DEFAULT_VERSIONS= python=3.3

You can also set PYTHON_VERSION in your environment before building to
only effect the one port.

For csh/tcsh
setenv PYTHON_VERSION python3.3

for sh/bash
PYTHON_VERSION=python3.3;export PYTHON_VERSION

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler