Missing "libpng15.so.15" after updating "png"

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 17:37:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 5:23 AM, Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru> wrote:

> 27.12.2014 15:44, Jerry пишет:
> > Sat, 27 Dec 2014 07:32:15 -0500
> >
> > After the recent update of "png"
>
> It'll be wise to show how you did the update (a command line is
> fine).
>
> > I am experiencing a problem. The
> > "claws-mail-fancy" plugin is no longer working. It issues this error
> message
> > when starting up:
> >
> > The following error occurred while loading fancy.so :
> >
> > Shared object "libpng15.so.15" not found, required by
> "libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0"
> >
> > I thought re-installing "png" would help, but it did not.
> >
> > I tried:
> >
> > $ pkg which libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0
> > /usr/ports/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0 was not found in the database
>
> One should use a full file name with "pkg which":
> -----
> % locate libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0
> /usr/local/lib/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0
> % pkg which /usr/local/lib/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0
> /usr/local/lib/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0 was installed by package
> webkit-gtk2-1.8.3_6
> % whereis webkit-gtk2
> webkit-gtk2: /usr/ports/www/webkit-gtk2
> -----
>
> So, I'd say that www/webkit-gtk2 should be updated.
>
> > I did follow all of the instructions in UPDATING and there were no errors
> > reported.
>
> --
> WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
> FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve

I found around a half dozen ports on my system that were linked to
libpng15.so tht had not had  version bump. I found them using "pkg_libchk
-o" from sysutils/bsdadminscripts, but "pkg check -B" might also work. I
have found pkg_libchk a bit more reliable in the past. I dropped bapt a
note listing the ports that need a revision bump, so some or all may be
fixed this morning. I had to re-install both webkit-gtk2 and webkit-gtk3 as
well as about a half dozen others.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com