rewrite of rmlint; port needs an update

christopher at ira-kunststoffe.de christopher at ira-kunststoffe.de
Mon Dec 22 15:39:32 UTC 2014

Hello,

Im the author of rmlint, a tool to remove several types of waste from
your filesystem.
It is especially good for finding duplicate files and directories.

I (and a co-developer) rewrote rmlint (version now is 2.0.0) and merged
it into the master
branch a few days ago. The new version has many improvements concerning
speed and accuracy (and also somewhat better code quality :).

I briefly tested it on a friend's FreeBSD box and it compiles and runs
just fine - although some optimizations were disabled.

The biggest difference concerning compilation: It uses scons now.
Also a note: the master branch is considered to be stable, all dangerous
action happens in the develop branch now. Proper releases will be made
too after gathering a small amount of patches.

You can find the documentation here: http://rmlint.rtfd.org
Code can be found in the usual place: https://github.com/sahib/rmlint
I wrote a little bit more about the changes here:

The last package was done by Jesse Smith (jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca), but
he
told me would like to give it to someone else due to time constraints.

So... anyone up for it? :)

Regards,
Christopher