pkg 1.4.0 pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver: spandsp-devel

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 17 16:34:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

I did a "pkg update -f ; pkg upgrade -y" on a FreeBSD 10-stable
system and ran into this error:

Checking integrity... done (3 conflicting)
pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver:
pkg: cannot find spandsp-devel in the request
pkg: cannot solve job using SAT solver
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Conflicts with the existing packages have been found.
One more solver iteration is needed to resolve them.

As an end-user installing packages, this error message makes no
sense at all to me, and doesn't tell me what I need to do
to fix the problem.  Can this (and other SAT solver) error messages
be enhanced to include some hints as to what a user must do
to solve the problem?

What seemed to get me past this problem was to:

pkg delete -f spandsp-devel
pkg upgrade -y

--
Craig