dirmngr-1.1.0_12 conflicts with gnupg-2.1.0_1 (installs files into the same place)

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Sun Dec 7 13:18:40 UTC 2014

I just updated, or rather tried to update the "gnupg" port. it failed with a
message that it conflicts with the "dirmngr" port. I deleted that port and
then preceded to install "GNUPG". When I attempted to re-install the "dirmngr"
port, it issued this error message:

dirmngr-1.1.0_12 conflicts with gnupg-2.1.0_1 (installs files into the same place)

Is this expected behavior or is the some other problem at play here? I did
not see anything in the UPDATING file regarding this.

--
Carmel