building legacy packages with poudriere ?

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 5 00:51:32 UTC 2014

On 12/4/2014 12:11 PM, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> I have a number of old legacy nanobsd boxes that I want to retrofit with
> a couple of packages remotely.  Remote full image upgrade is not
> something I really want to do, as I would just like to add a couple of
> packages.  I was looking at poudriere which seems the way to go, but it
> seems to only want to build .txz / pkgng style packages.  Is there a way
> to get poudriere to build packages that an older releng8 installation
> would understand ?
>
>     ---Mike

Poudriere (as of latest 3.1) still supports pkg_install packages. It is
*ports* that does not. You will need to use an older ports tree. You can
use the /branches/pkg_install/ branch, but it is stuck at 2014 Sep.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery