Building subversion-1.8.10 under poudriere

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Wed Aug 27 23:53:50 UTC 2014

On 08/27/14 17:30, Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. wrote:

> On 08/27/14 08:41, Adam McDougall wrote:

>>> Hi Dimitry,
>>>
>>> So this is due to me wanting to link things static?
>>> Then I'll reconfig subversion to dynamic linking.
>>> Because I don't have a clue (yet) as to how to get (and keep) custom
>>> patches in a poudriere environment.
>>>
>>> Thanx for the reply,
>>> --WjW
>>>

>> I keep custom patches this way:
>>
>> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/my-appropriate-make.conf:
>>
>> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/mail/mutt}
>> EXTRA_PATCHES+= /distfiles/mypatches/patch-mail-mutt-fix-imap-append
>> .endif
>>
>> You may also be interested in things like:
>> .if ${.CURDIR:M*/security/krb5}
>> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --localstatedir=/var/db
>> WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes
>> .endif
>>
>> I suggest using this method in poudriere's make.conf for port building
>> DEFAULT_VERSIONS=       perl5=5.16 php=5.4 mysql=5.5 apache=2.2 pgsql=8.4
>> # Global port options
>> OPTIONS_UNSET+=AVAHI BONJOUR CUPS MDNS PULSEAUDIO
>> # specific port options:
>> mail_dovecot_SET=GSSAPI
>> mail_dovecot_UNSET=MANAGESIEVE
>>
>> That way you only change the options you desire and aren't hardcoding
>> any of the other port options in case the default changes in the future,
>> possibly in a critical way (threading for example).
>>
>> The path to the patch must be a proper path within port building jails
>> and I believe poudriere mounts it's distfiles directory on /distfiles.
>> It has to be a path that is available within port building jails.  I
>> picked distfiles because it is available.  One thing I like about
>> EXTRA_PATCHES is it will cause a port build to fail if the file is not
>> found, so if that happens I will know to correct the problem rather than
>> produce unpatched packages.  I add my "mypatches" directory to my
>> standard server backups so it is easy to restore if needed.  Beware
>> running poudriere distclean since it will wipe out unreferenced files in
>> distfiles.
>>

> Hmmm, wonder why I didn't think of that?
>
> I've been trying to get poudriere working....I did go through the ugly
> exercise of going through all my servers to attempt to unify port options.
> Currently trying to go with two sets....one for my headless servers and one
> for servers with heads :)  Though there's still enough difference that it
> might not be possible.  Though I've also thought of additional sets to
> generate packages for updates I haven't done yet (which is one of reasons
> driving trying to get things working, I haven't upgraded from apache 2.2 to
> 2.4 yet)
>
> What I settled on instead of to create a tree with my extra patches, and use
> portshaker to merge....
>
> Other delays in getting this going, is that I've been trying to use CFEngine
> to handle the consolidation of options and pkglists and driving portshaker and
> poudriere....

> [...]

And, now another poudriere bulk run is in progress....the final obstacle was
that I some how had a dependency loop...

pulseaudio-0.9.23_2 -> jackit-0.121.3_5 -> doxygen-1.8.7_1,1 ->
tex-web2c-20140525 -> zziplib-0.13.62_1 -> sdl-1.2.15_4,2 -> pulseaudio-0.9.23_2

Wonder how that came to be....forget why I had turned on JACK in pulseaudio on
one system, its not set on the others....so changing that broke the loop ;)

--
Who: Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. - W0LKC - Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
For: Enterprise Server Technologies (EST) -- & SafeZone Ally