SAT resolver problem - [CFT] SSP Package Repository available

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 26 19:18:19 UTC 2014

On 8/26/2014 2:02 PM, Michael Jung wrote:
> On 2014-08-22 16:17, Bryan Drewery wrote:

>>> I have been using this without issue on several machines until today.
>>>
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports # pkg -v
>>> 1.3.6
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports #
>>>

>>> Repositories:
>>>   FreeBSD_ssp: {
>>>     url             :
>>> "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/ssp",
>>>     enabled         : yes,
>>>     mirror_type     : "SRV",
>>>     signature_type  : "FINGERPRINTS",
>>>     fingerprints    : "/usr/share/keys/pkg"
>>>   }
>>>

>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports # pkg update -f
>>> Updating repository catalogue
>>> pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/ssp/meta.txz: Not Found
>>> pkg: repository FreeBSD_ssp has no meta file, using default settings
>>> Fetching digests.txz: 100% of 1 MB
>>> Fetching packagesite.txz: 100% of 5 MB
>>>
>>> Adding new entries: 100%
>>> Incremental update completed, 23305 packages processed:
>>> 0 packages updated, 0 removed and 23305 added.
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports # pkg install mdnsresponder
>>> Updating repository catalogue
>>> pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/ssp/meta.txz: Not Found
>>> pkg: repository FreeBSD_ssp has no meta file, using default settings
>>> FreeBSD_ssp repository is up-to-date
>>> All repositories are up-to-date
>>> Checking integrity... done (1 conflicting)
>>> pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver:
>>> cannot install package mDNSResponder~net/mDNSResponder, remove it from
>>> request [Y/n]: y
>>> Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
>>> The most recent version of packages are already installed
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports # uname -a
>>> FreeBSD firewall 10.0-STABLE FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r269366M: Fri Aug  1
>>> 00:35:49 EDT 2014     mikej at firewall:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports # date
>>> Fri Aug 22 14:12:30 EDT 2014
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports #
>>>
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports # pkg info | grep mdns
>>> root at firewall:/usr/ports #
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --mikej
>>
>> It looks like the (SSP) freebsd:10:x86:64 freebsd:11:x86:32 repositories
>> are stale from a month ago. Looking into why.
>>
>> Sadly this was not noticed and the instructions effectively will
>> downgrade packages. These 2 repositories have pkg-1.2 still as well.
>

> Bryan,
>
> Any update?  As you probably expect if I build the port locally with
> poudriere and install there is no issue.  I'm building with
>
> WITH_SSP_PORTS=YES
>
> in /etc/make.conf
>
> Regards,
>
> --mikej

The latest package set, along with pkg 1.3.7, should be getting
published later today.

As for the pkg issue with installing mDNSResponder, I am not 100% sure
it is fixed by new package set. We'll have to wait and see. There are
several issues to fix in the new pkg solver still.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery