FreeBSD Port: git-2.0.2_1

Kubilay Kocak koobs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 25 13:57:24 UTC 2014

On 25/08/2014 11:39 PM, Sebastian Bach wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've an urgent problem with the current port devel/git (2.0.2). After upgrading  we can't use our Atlassian Stash server anymore. Stash rejects (hard check of 2.0.2 and 2.0.3) to use this specific git version due to a critical bug in 'git diff-tree' which breaks Stash's commit page. Please see the 'DVCS clients' section on their system requirements page:
> https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Supported+platforms
> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5052
>
> I don't know how to downgrade this port. Is this even possible on FreeBSD?
> However, can you tell me when git 2.0.4 or 2.1.0 will be available in the ports collections?
>
> Best regards
> Sebastian Bach

Hi Sebastian,

You can downgrade with a svn checkout of the respective revision of
devel/git you want.

Does 2.0.4 / 2.1.0 contain a fix for your issue? Can you point us to the
changelog entry, changeset, or upstream issue?

Other steps from here (given your urgency), are to:

a) Submit a bug report at https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/ so the
maintainer is made aware of the issue

b) Update the port yourself in the meantime (run a local patch to devel/git)

If you manage to get (b) done before you hear back from (a), attach your
patch from (b) updating devel/git to 2.1.0 to the issue you created.

If you need help or more information porting, we also have IRC channels
on efnet (#bsdports) and freenode (#freebsd-ports)

koobs