Fwd: building java/eclipse in HEAD w/ poudriere: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Aug 23 19:51:38 UTC 2014

El día Saturday, August 23, 2014 a las 02:16:13PM -0500, Bryan Drewery escribió:

> >> Once a solution is found we need it for java/openjdk* as well since they
> >> use all ram in the system. On our package builders this is 96GB. We need
> >> to be able to limit how much they can use for building so they only have
> >> a few GB and not 96.
> >>

> > For FreeBSD >= 9.x rctl can be a solution to limit jail resources.
> > Unluckily it seems that RACCT/RCTL it not a default kernel option and also not a loadable module ...
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/security-resourcelimits.html#idp72352048
> >

> Yes rctl is something I have considered adding into the build systems to
> integrate with poudriere. It would be perfect for this use. However it
> is not default because of the same reason I likely won't use it. It adds
> a lot of overhead with PROC_LOCKS.

Reading the handbook, I understand how rctl could help to terminate some
proc (or log it, or do signaling); but I do not see how rctl could help
to get eclipse being built.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail