Fwd: building java/eclipse in HEAD w/ poudriere: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Aug 23 18:57:13 UTC 2014

El día Saturday, August 23, 2014 a las 01:16:35PM -0500, Bryan Drewery escribió:

> > I'm building ports in HEAD with poudriere; java/eclipse is failing with
> > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> >
> > I've already set in make.conf
> >
> > MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m"
> >
> > But tis does not help; the VM where poudriere is running has 4 GByte
> > memory and 4 GByte swap space.
> >
> > Any ideas? Thanks
> >
> > 	matthias
> >

> Once a solution is found we need it for java/openjdk* as well since they
> use all ram in the system. On our package builders this is 96GB. We need
> to be able to limit how much they can use for building so they only have
> a few GB and not 96.

Just to mention it, I was able to build java/eclipse in October last
year on head, to be exactly:

eclipse-devel-4.2.0_4 on kernel r255948 with ports r328930

but this was the old way (i.e. with 'make install' in the ports dir); I
still have this VM in my office and could re-run the 'make install' to
get the log of the building if this would help to nail down the problem.
And it was a tiny VM with some 30 GB disk and 4 GB RAM. It it is now
requesting 96++++ GB RAM, there nḿust be something wrong, some run-away
or cycle in the build.

HIH

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail