upgrading devel/p5-subversion fails

Chris Torek chris.torek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 08:19:33 UTC 2014

I think the problem really is that this needs MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE set.  I just
had a build fail, and in the portmaster log file for the failure, I see
this fragment:

Running Mkbootstrap for SVN::_Core ()
chmod 644 _Client.bs
cp _Client.bs blib/arch/auto/SVN/_Client/_Client.bs
chmod 644 blib/arch/auto/SVN/_Client/_Client.bs
chmod 644 _Core.bs
cp _Core.bs blib/arch/auto/SVN/_Core/_Core.bs
chmod 644 blib/arch/auto/SVN/_Core/_Core.bs
AutoSplit: Can't open blib/lib/SVN/Wc.pm: No such file or directory
cp Delta.pm blib/lib/SVN/Delta.pm
cp Repos.pm blib/lib/SVN/Repos.pm
cp Client.pm blib/lib/SVN/Client.pm
cp Fs.pm blib/lib/SVN/Fs.pm
cp Ra.pm blib/lib/SVN/Ra.pm
cp Core.pm blib/lib/SVN/Core.pm
cp Wc.pm blib/lib/SVN/Wc.pm
*** [pm_to_blib] Error code 2

This comes from the pm_to_blib target in a sub-makefile.  Note the
complaint that AutoSplit was unable to open blib/lib/SVN/Wc.pm, which comes
out well before the "cp" command copies Wc.pm into the target location.

Chris