Ports, pkg's confusion on upgrades...

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 14:08:09 UTC 2014

--On 15 August 2014 15:59 +0200 Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:

> If it's only about two or three ports and those are leave ports (things
> like nginx), mixing pkg and ports works ok in practice.

This is currently the easiest option for us - I was hoping to install the
ports, and just do 'pkg lock' to lock them... The thing that stumped me was
why 'pkg upgrade' was trying to install additional packages (some of which
on other machines will be 'locked' because they're built from ports).

At this stage "pkg upgrade -d" would be good :)

-Karl