Ports, pkg's confusion on upgrades...

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 14:03:17 UTC 2014

By letting 'pkg upgrade' complete, then running 'pkg info --all -d' I was
able to find out what package upgrade now requires an additional package
"to be INSTALLED".

(In our case memcached-1.4.20_2 pkg now requires cyrus-sasl-2.1.26_8 -
where as it didn't before).

I still can't figure out how to get pkg upgrade to reveal *why* it needs to
install this, *before* it does it (i.e. only by letting it do it, then
running 'pkg info --all -d' did it then show memcached having a dependency
on cyrus - where as the older version of memcached didn't.

-Karl