FreeBSD unmaintained ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Wed Aug 13 17:00:32 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-13 18:37, Dennis Glatting wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 23:42 -0500, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 09:31:08PM -0700 I heard the voice of
>> Dennis Glatting, and lo! it spake thus:
>>>
>>> do_install in the Makefile does the chown.
>>
>> Generally you'd want to do something more like using @owner/@group in
>> plist, rather than chown'ing in the stage.  Doing that would break
>> building as non-root, too.
>
> What's the order? plist cannot change owner/group unless it is defined.
> Or, does plist execution happen /after/ the make process creates the
> owner/group entries?

In case the port defines USERS and GROUPS from ports/(U|G)IDs, then
this GROUPS/USERS are created in a early step during port / packet
installation and they are available before pkg-plist is processed.

USERS=	$user (list) from UIDs
GROUPS=	$group (list) from GIDs

In case the port requires user / group not in UIDs/GIDs then request
an entry for them.

--
olli