Redports, broken regression tests and missing check-orphans

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 10:10:09 UTC 2014

Bernhard, while we're at it, there are currently two problems with
redports which diminish it's usefulness significantly:

1. Redports used to run "make regression-test" on every build; right
now, each log has this instead:

     ====================<phase 5: make test>====================
     [: -eq: unexpected operator
     === Regression tests skipped. ===

So, no regression tests are executed. I don't know what the problem is here.

2. Most ports now have stage support; this means that checking for
leftover files under ${PREFIX} is close to useless: only files in
pkg-plist are copied there. Instead, leftovers should be searched for in
${STAGEDIR} -- running "make stage-qa" and "make check-orphans" with
every build would do that.

(I've already botched two patches when I assumed that successful
redports run means that pkg-plist is complete).

So, can the first problem be fixed and the second suggestion
implemented? Should I be bothering tinderbox author(s) instead?