How to tell pkg it's OK to overwrite files by another port

Melvyn Sopacua melvyn at magemana.nl
Sat Aug 9 12:27:13 UTC 2014

Hi Baptiste,

On Wed, 6 Aug 2014, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 09:19:48PM +0200, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
>> Both are candidates for myconfig.conf, where optimized should win and
>> otherwise default, but they come from two different ports. This may
>> actually be the way to handle it, if @sample didn't assume the same
>> basename.

> There is the @sample keyword for that ;)

I don't think there is.
@sample foo.sample sets target_file to foo. There's no way to specify
that target_file should be bar.
If two ports have the same .sample file, there is still a conflict. So
in my case, I need two different .sample files installing to a shared
target_file.

I think this is a corner case, so I'll stick it in a custom pkg-install.

--
Melvyn