FreeBSD Port: doxygen-1.8.3.1_1,1

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Fri Aug 8 01:28:52 UTC 2014

On 08/07/14 15:06, Ewout Boks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried building doxygen on FreeBSD 10.0 today, but the build failed :
>
> clang++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -pthread -D_THREAD_SAFE -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/share/qt4/mkspecs/freebsd-clang -I. -I/usr/local/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/local/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/local/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/local/include/qt4 -I. -Imoc -I/usr/local/include/qt4 -I/usr/local/include -o obj/config_lex.o config_lex.cpp
> lex.config.c:1702:16: warning: function 'yyinput' is not needed and will not be emitted
>        [-Wunneeded-internal-declaration]
>      static int yyinput (void)
>

> Perhaps the compiler switch '-Wunneeded-internal-declaration' should be removed, or the source code should be modified.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Ewout Boks

It has nothing to do with the compiler flag or the source code, it has to do
with the fact that doxygen is expecting a newer version of flex than what is in
the base system. I am attaching a patch that I currently have on my local system
that allows it to build, in lieu of the 1.8.7 patch that is being looked in to.
I might have to send this in as a bug report if we can't get the 1.8.7 update
done, though.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat