pkg: cached package size mismatch, cannot continue

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 4 21:10:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Michael Gmelin <grembo at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > On 04 Aug 2014, at 20:32, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Fetching automake-1.14.txz: 100% of 431
> > KB
> > pkg: cached package automake-1.14: size mismatch, fetching from remote
> > Fetching automake-1.14.txz: 100% of 431
> > KB
> > pkg: cached package automake-1.14: size mismatch, cannot continue
> >
> > This seems to be happening for any package that I try to install.
> > Any idea what the problem might be?
>
> Try
>
> pkg update -f

Hi,

That worked.  Thanks!
I'm not sure what would have caused this problem.  This is a relatively new
machine which I set up last week,
and installed a bunch of packages via "pkg install".

The only thing I did different today was that I built and installed a few
packages via ports under /usr/ports (updated with portsnap).

--
Craig