math/lapack broken

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Sat Aug 2 16:21:24 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 02, 2014 at 12:49:03PM -0300, William Grzybowski wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Steve Kargl
> <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 10:14:43PM -0300, William Grzybowski wrote:
> >> I can't help but notice how unrespectful you have been.
> >> Its not the first message ranting about something broken.
> >>

> > I can't help but notice how poorly some decisions are made
> > within the ports community, and no, this isn't the nearly
> > the first poor decision.
> >
> > If the port has an option to build the profiled libraries
> > and that option is selected, then I expect the port to
> > build the profiled library.
>
> You're welcome to help the ports committers to maintain over 20k ports
> and raise the quality.
> Are you looking for mentors for your ports@ commit bit?

Check your history.  I was a port maintainer many years
ago.  Dropped maintainership of all my ports after several
unreviewed changes by others to those ports were made.
These unreviewed changes broke those ports and I was
forced to clean up the mess.

This of course has little to do with the issue that I have
raised here.  A port, namely math/lapack, has an option to
build profiled libraries and the port does not honor that
option when selected.  It's simple Q&A.  Either remove the
option or fix it.

--
Steve