devel/stlink

Maxim V FIlimonov che at bein.link
Sat Aug 2 14:36:31 UTC 2014

On Saturday 02 August 2014 16:18:19 Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> > > Can you tell me where I get urllib2 for python on an 10.0-amd64 ?
> > >
> > > f10$ ./latest.sh
> > >
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "getlatest.py", line 1, in <module>
> > >
> > >     import urllib2
> > >
> > > ImportError: No module named 'urllib2'
> >
> > Ah, I see, in my case it was installed with python27:
> > $ pkg which /usr/local/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py
> > /usr/local/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py was installed by package
> > python27-2.7.8
>
> Thanks. Now, frankly, I have no easy idea on how to integrate this
> "get the latest from github" into a proper port.

Well, I tried to integrate my scripts into the existing Makefile, but I ended
up with a cyclic fetch. I also tried to make this a dependency for pre-config,
but it's not a good way to do that because config is not run every time you
rebuild a port. Might there be any other targets to apply those actions to?

> Probably some /usr/ports/Mk/ magic needs to be created for this
> to work in general.
>
> Would it be sufficient if we just commit the current "state",
> explain the process in the pkg-message and provide your scripts
> latest.sh and getlatest.py with a stlink-related name ?

That's also a solution. I could update that port manually.

> I know this is not purrrrfect 8-}

Well, it isn't, but at least it works.
--
wbr, Maxim Filimonov