[TeX] Migrating from teTeX to TeX Live

A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven freebsd at skysmurf.nl
Sat Aug 2 14:10:54 UTC 2014

Howdy,

As we all know the old teTeX ports are now pretty much obsolete and TeX
Live should be used instead. Yesterday we received a question on the
FreeBSD Forums about exactly how to migrate from teTeX to TeX Live.

First things first: is there an easy path using e.g. Portupgrade or
Portmaster, or is manually deinstalling all installed teTeX ports the only
option?

And in the latter case: how can one obtain a list of all ports that need
to be removed? I suppose one could do

# cd /usr/ports/print/tetex
# make all-depends-list

but I'm not sure if that would also include ports used by both teTeX and
TeX Live (if there are any) or if there are other objections. Moreover,
one would still have to figure out in which order to deinstall the ports.

AvW

--
Imbibo, ergo sum.