math/lapack broken

William Grzybowski wg at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 2 01:14:45 UTC 2014

I can't help but notice how unrespectful you have been.
Its not the first message ranting about something broken.

This is a open source project, people work on it in their spare times.
I think you should know that as a src@ committer.

If you do not want to provide a patch for the problem please fill out
a PR (bugs.freebsd.org) and/or contact the maintainer.

Thank you!

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 9:47 PM, Steve Kargl
<sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> % portmaster --force-config math/lapack
>
> (Select to build/install profiled libraries)
>
> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/math/lapack
>
>         ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
>         ===>>> you have chosen WITH_PROFILE, but have not installed
>            the base system profiling libraries
>
> WTF!.  I know the base system doesn't have the profiled
> libraries installed.  I don't need nor want profiled
> versions of the base system libraries.  I want profiled
> versions of the math/lapack and math/blas libraries.
>
>         ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>                IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.
>
> This is just unbelievably stupid.  Please fix the port.
>
> --
> Steve

William Grzybowski / wg
FreeBSD Ports Committer