Trying to build a QT5 application

Daniel Morante daniel at morante.net
Fri Aug 1 12:51:35 UTC 2014

I am trying to create a port for an application that supports both Qt4
and Qt5.

Qt4 builds fine and I am using the following in the port's Makefile:

QT4_CONFIGURE_WITH=    gui=qt4
QT4_USE= qt4=corelib,gui,qmake_build,linguist,uic,moc,rcc,qtestlib_build

For Qt5 I have:

QT5_CONFIGURE_WITH=    gui=qt5
QT5_USE=
qt5=core,gui,dbus,widgets,network,qmake_build,linguisttools,buildtools_build,testlib_build

Using Qt5 fails to configure properly.  It's unable to find "lrelease":

checking for lrelease-qt5... no
checking for lrelease5... no
checking for lrelease... no
configure: error: LRELEASE not found

According to the porters handbook, that should be provided by
"linguisttools" above.  I also tried with and had the same result:

QT5_USE=
qt5=core,gui,dbus,widgets,network,qmake_build,linguist,linguisttools,buildtools_build,testlib_build