Upgrade to dovecot 2.2.12 failed - libldap not found

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Mon Apr 28 21:40:56 UTC 2014

Am Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:41:10 +0200
schrieb olli hauer <ohauer at gmx.de>:

> Hm,
>
> is this also happen if you go direct into mail/dovecot2 and run `make
> configure'? (without portmaster)
>

> From my build:
> $ make showconfig
> ===> The following configuration options are available for
> dovecot2-2.2.12: DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
>      EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
>      GSSAPI=off: GSSAPI support
>      KQUEUE=on: kqueue(2) support
>      LDAP=on: LDAP support
>      LIBWRAP=on: TCP wrapper support
>      LUCENE=off: CLucene FTS support
>      MYSQL=on: MySQL database support
>      PGSQL=on: PostgreSQL database support
>      SOLR=on: Solr FTS support
>      SQLITE=on: SQLite database support
>      SSL=on: SSL protocol support
>      VPOPMAIL=off: vpopmail support
>

> $ make configure
>
> Install prefix . : /usr/local
> File offsets ... : 64bit
> I/O polling .... : kqueue
> I/O notifys .... : kqueue
> SSL ............ : yes (OpenSSL)
> GSSAPI ......... : no
> passdbs ........ : static passwd passwd-file pam checkpassword ldap
> sql : -shadow -bsdauth -sia -vpopmail
> userdbs ........ : static prefetch passwd passwd-file checkpassword
> ldap sql nss : -vpopmail
> SQL drivers .... : pgsql mysql sqlite
> Full text search : squat solr
>                  : -lucene

Unfortunately, yes, situation is the same:

# make configure
checking for auth_userokay... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
configure: error: Can't build with LDAP support: libldap not found
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to bra at fsn.hu [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/mail/dovecot2/work/dovecot-2.2.12/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. a /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/dovecot2
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/dovecot2

I am out of ideas, but a shot in the dark: I have recently moved
OpenLDAP backend from BDB to MDB. May this be related?

# pkg version -v |grep openldap
openldap-sasl-client-2.4.39        =   up-to-date with port
openldap-sasl-server-2.4.39_1      =   up-to-date with port

By the way: Are you running 10.0-RELEASE-p1?

Regards,
Peter