New port or update an old one?

pauline martin 321eniluap at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:59:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have recently forked and updated k9copy.  It now builds with the current
developmental releases of ffmpeg.  I intend to keep making improvements to
the project and I would like to see it get into the ports tree.  I have
written and tested a ports Makefile, pkg-plist, etc.  However, I do not
know whether the correct procedure in this situation (seeing as it is
technically a fork), would require that I ask and wait for a response from
the current maintainer of k9copy (in the ports tree as k9copy-kde4) or if I
should submit it as a new port.  The current one in the ports tree is
release 2.3.4, the last of the original developer's releases was 2.3.8.

Please, let me know what is the proper way to handle this.

Thank you,
321eniluap