Recompile of xfce due to new xorg lib bump broke my desktop

Mike Jakubik mike.jakubik at intertainservices.com
Wed Apr 23 17:51:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

So i updated my ports yesterday using the method described in UPDATING,
everything was fine till i rebooted my desktop today. I logged in and
everything looked different. The fonts are messed up, half the icons
don't display (some are blank some show an X). Everrything looks blocky,
changing the styles or icon sets does nothing, my keybinds dont work,
it's a mess. I was already using new xorg prior to this, so i don't
think that's the problem. Any ideas what caused this and how i can fix
it, or start from scratch if i have to?

Thanks.