[CFT] x11-servers/xorg-server with initial (GCD) Grand Central Dispatch support

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 23 06:58:30 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 08:05:34PM +0300, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> You are tired of frequent friezes xorg server?
> Are you bored messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
> "
> [mi] EQ overflowing.  Additional events will be discarded until existing events are processed.
> "
> ?
>
> :)
>
> Then you here! :)
>
> Patch attached :)
>
> If you like, we can continue to develop this area.
>
> Thanks

Thank you for those patches, imho that is something we really do need. I would
just have a couple of side notes:
Wouldn't it be possible to use callbacks in the dispatch call rather than
blocks? that will make the patch work on FreeBSD 8, 9, 10 and head with clang
AND gcc, which will greatly improves the chances to see those patch well tested
and used enough to finally be incorporated in the ports.

regards,
Bapt