libfreetype.so.9 errors

Melvyn Sopacua melvyn at magemana.nl
Mon Apr 21 21:09:21 UTC 2014

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014, Beeblebrox wrote:

>>> Use sysutils/libchk and 'pkg which' to find the port that is linked
> against the old library and needs rebuild.
>
> Irrelevant - full poudriere run means I am re-building all ports from a full
> list of ports installed on the system. Also, the UPDATING entry from
> 20140416 only applies if one uses portmaster/portupgrade as updating method.
>
> When using pre-built binaries, pkgng should be taking care of all of these
> issues internally. It would not work only if:
> * poudriere is unable to detect the certain binaries that need to be
> re-built
> * An internal pkg error causes some ports to be skipped and not re-installed
> (both of which are unlikely)
> * The ports in question have not made the transition as yet (which is the
> most likely scenario)

* portstree changed during build (just adding for completeness).

> A second library joins the cause: libxcb.so.2 is called by some binaries but
> only libxcb.so.1.1.0 exists.

Perhaps it's also time to add some consistency:
find . -depth 3 -name Makefile -exec grep -h 'print/freetype2' {} + | \
 	-e '/^#/d' | sort | uniq -c |sort -rn
  122 libfreetype.so:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
   67 freetype:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
   46 freetype.9:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
    2 libfreetype.so.9:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
    1 freetype-config:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
    1 ${LOCALBASE}/bin/freetype-config:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
    1 ${FREETYPE_WRKSRC}/config.mk:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2:build