libfreetype.so.9 errors

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sun Apr 20 17:18:29 UTC 2014

Latest compiled ports result in below message for several binaries:
Shared object "libfreetype.so.9" not found, required by "chrome"

So far the ports I have seen this are www/midori, www/chromium,
editors/libreoffice; but I have not tested all ports installed on the
system.

I have read UPDATING, and it does not apply to my situation since I do a
full poudriere run of all ports on the system before each "# pkg upgrade -r
myrepo". Recent freetype update (20140416) should therefore not cause any
issue for me.

Is this a problem with the specific ports listed, or a libfreetype error?
I'd like to know before I add a libfreetype.so.9 entry to /etc/libmap.conf.
In /usr/local/lib: libfreetype.a / libfreetype.so / libfreetype.so.6.11.2 /
libfreetype.la / libfreetype.so.6

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS