pkg fails to detect broken libraries Was: Fallout from UPDATING entry 20140416: gtk3 vs. libxcb

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:47:09 UTC 2014

17.04.2014 22:03, David Wolfskill wrote:
> I had already switched to include:
>
> WITH_NEW_XORG=  YES
>
> in /etc/make.conf around 11 March 2014.  I update the installed
> ports on this system (my laptop) daily (just after updating FreeBSD
> itself), using portmaster; I have been using pkng to keep track of
> things for a few weeks before I switched to NEW_XORG.
>
> Per the earlier UPDATING entry "20140416", I started a
>
> 	portmaster -d -r freetype2 -r libxml2 -r pixman -r freeglut
>
> run.
>
> Among the various ports to be rebuilt was x11-toolkits/gtk30; that failed:

Another random rants:

1. pkg check -B fails to detect all ports that were broken. I checking
my ports after each update with this one and it reported a number of
miscrepancies, but not all of them.

2. pkg_libchk from sysutils/bsdadminscripts still works perfectly and
reports all ports with broken binaries.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.