pkg add: howto force the installation of a binary package?

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Apr 12 16:41:42 UTC 2014

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:01:44 +0200
Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 05:24:12PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> >
> > Since this ever-fragile FreeBSD port editors/libreoffice fails on 11-CURRENT and
> > 9.2-STABLE to compile (it fails on fours systems running the named flavours of OS), I
> > try to install the binary package via pkg add. But, very funny, I receive always the
> > error:
> >
> > pkg: Missing dependency matching Origin: 'net/openldap24-client' Version: '2.4.39'
> >
> > The port in question is already installed, but I have
> >
> > pkg info -ox openldap
> > openldap-sasl-client-2.4.39 net/openldap24-sasl-client
> >
> > This is fun. I tried to find the magical "force" knob in pkg-add to override such
> > (insane) restrictions, but I didn't find any.
> >
> > Is there a regular way to install the port by force without checking for the
> > dependency? It seems that pkgng allows only installations of ports that do not dare
> > to have different options than the standard defined in the binary package
> > expectations?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> > P.S. Please CC me.
>
> From pkg-add(8)
>
>      -M  Force the installation of the package with missing dependencies.

root at thor: [All] pkg add -M libreoffice-4.1.5_1.txz
pkg: illegal option -- M
Usage: pkg add [-IAfq] <pkg-name> ...
       pkg add [-IAfq] <protocol>://<path>/<pkg-name> ...

For more information see 'pkg help add'.

root at thor: [All] pkg info pkg
pkg-1.2.7_2
Name           : pkg
Version        : 1.2.7_2
Installed on   : Sat Apr 12 18:40:02 CEST 2014
Origin         : ports-mgmt/pkg
Architecture   : freebsd:11:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : ports-mgmt