print/hpijs + new cups + foomatic not working with hpijs-pcl3e printer.

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 9 08:29:28 UTC 2014

Naram Qashat ha scritto:
>>> That worked fine with cups 1.5. With 1.7 the printer prints nothing.
>>> I guess something is broken.

I have a mixed behavior, I can print e.g with okular, but not with
seamonkey. With older cups, no problems.

>> Anything suspicious at /var/log/messages, /var/log/cups/*?
>> OS version and which cups / foomatic ports are installed?

This is the cups error_log when printing from seamonkey:

E [09/Apr/2014:10:19:33 +0200] [Client 14] Returning IPP
client-error-document-format-not-supported for Print-Job
(ipp://localhost:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_M1522nf_MFP) from localhost

> Something that I think needs to be brought up. It appears that since
> CUPS 1.6.x, cups-filters is required for it to work with most printers.

I confirm that installing cups-filters restored correct behavior for all
applications.

--
Alex Dupre