FreeBSD Port: apache-hadoop-1.2.1_1

Pedro Giffuni pfg at apache.org
Tue Apr 8 21:46:34 UTC 2014

Hi Steve;

I've been very busy lately on other projects. I did look at porting the new hadoop and despite of the fact that you have to fetch a bunch of dependencies, it is not terribly difficult.

It is completely different to the existing port though so it should probably be a new port (hadoop2).

If you want to give it a try take a look at the Porter's Handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/

I will be glad to help you if you get stuck somewhere.

Pedro.

Hi,