www/mod_php5: PHP scripst served by www/apache24 fails (several php ports involved)

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Mon Apr 7 20:39:03 UTC 2014

On 08/04/2014 00:27, O. Hartmann wrote:

> Since the extraction and creation of www/mod_php5 and a subsequent update of the ports,
> including installing www/mod_php5 (also recompilation of ALL installed php modules
> including lang/php5 itself with most recent ports tree) results in mostly every
> php-backed script installed on all Apache 2.4 servers we use with function calls not
> resolved! It seems that some inclusion is missing somewhere but I'm incapable of tracking
> it down.
>
> The ports/clients involved, for instance, are:
>
> textproc/refdb:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_start()

> Am I mssing something? The problem occurs nearly on all PHP scripts.

Yes, splitting the apache module out into a separate port has been
painful. What you are seeing suggests to me that you have selected
different 'thread' options in the lang/php5 and www/mod_php5 ports.
Check the options in both ports, make them the same, and rebuild.

The Zend Thread Safe (ZTS) option installs the extensions in a different
location (.../lib/php/20100525-zts instead of .../lib/php/20100525), so
if you built PHP with ZTS and built the apache module without ZTS, it
won't find any of the extensions.

Caveat: My experience was on 2.2.27 not on 2.4

--
John Marshall