Freebsd port security/gnutls3 problems

Jamie Landeg-Jones jamie at dyslexicfish.net
Tue Apr 1 07:04:42 UTC 2014

Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

Bryan, thanks for the quick reply, and apologies for my duplicate
post cock-up.

> > 2) Replace gnutls with gnutls3
>
> We will be doing (2) soon.
> >
> > or:
> >
> > 3) Use a bit of bsd.port.Mk magic to handle this situation - so that
> >   if only gnutls3 is installed, the port will build correctly
> >   against it.
>
> Perhaps we can fix it in the short term  too.

Cool.

You probably want to close this: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=186785

Incidently, obviously I mean the pkgconf 'pkg-config' and not the one from 'pkg',
though please note than a manpage lookup on pkg-config gives the latter, even
though the command-line uses the former.

I see that pkg-config can accept more than one package-name at a time,
and effectively concatenates the results.

I suppose a nice fix would be to patch pkgconf to accept package-names
seperated with the OR operator, and for it to automatically choose the
latest one... Or even better, make the pkgconf system automatically
intelligently work with different versions of the same package. e.g.
storing the pkgconfig data files as <name>.<version>.pc instead of the
current <name>.pc but I guess this would be down to the 'freedesktop.org'
guys....

Sorry, going off on a tangent!

Thanks again, Jamie