Staging and read-only /usr/ports

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Thu Sep 26 21:57:50 UTC 2013

Am 26.09.2013 um 23:54 schrieb William Grzybowski <william88 at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> I've noticed that more and more ports are trying to build a package /usr/ports/category/port/port-version.tgz. Since my /usr/ports is mounted read-only (via nullfs), this fails. I've looked through Mk/*.mk trying to figure out how I can redirect this to another dir. Is PACKAGES the way to go? What if I don't want to keep packages around?
>
> Try set STAGEDIR=/somewhere/else/ in make.conf

The staging dir is not the problem, that is set correctly:
stb at mirror:/usr/ports/net-p2p/btpd$ make -V STAGEDIR
/var/ports/work/net-p2p/btpd/stage

Because of these make.conf settings:
### Ports
DISTDIR?=		/var/ports/distfiles
WRKDIRPREFIX?=	/var/ports/work
WRKDIR?=		${WRKDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR:S/${PORTSDIR}//}

The problem is the package destination, which error message you can examine in my original message.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811