Help understanding ports tinderbox failure report?

Pietro Cerutti gahr at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 25 08:08:03 UTC 2013

On 2013-Sep-23, 09:22, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 06:13:19PM +0200, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> > >
> > > So, if you set DOCS in make.conf (e.g. OPTIONS_UNSET= DOCS) all dialogs
> > > where DOCS is the only option stay hidden.
> > >
> > > This way users who want to configure DOCS separately per port can do so
> > > and users who want to configure DOCS globally can do so as well.  This
> > > works for all options by the way, not just DOCS.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for this clear summary. I'll revise the patch.
>
> I appreciate the help, folks.  But I should be able to take it from
> here.  (It may take a day or so, as I have a few other things to do, as
> well.)
>
> The big problem I was having is that I try to follow the Porter's
> Handbook, and it's a bit ... well, "sparse" ... on this new(er)
> stuff....
>
> I did see one thing that seemed a bit odd, though: as noted, in the
> earlier revisions of the port, I had created and tweaked the pkg-plist;
> then, a revision (by jgh@) eliminated the pkg-plist.  But now it looks
> as if we're creating a pkg-plist again...??!?

Yes, if we're going to install stuff in ${DATADIR} no matter whether the
user (or tinderbox) builds with -DNOPORTDATA, then we need to specify
the files manually. PORTDATA=* won't work, because it won't list any
files if -DNOPORTDATA is set.

This isn't clean anyway.. my suggestion would be to move everything into
${PREFIX}/lib/${PORTNAME} :)

Attached is a proposed revision of the patch to do just that.

--
Pietro Cerutti
The FreeBSD Project

PGP Public Key: