Fwd: Help in testing Basho Riak port

Bryan Drewery bryan at shatow.net
Sat Sep 21 22:21:35 UTC 2013

On 9/21/2013 5:08 PM, Big Lebowski wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Bryan Drewery <bryan at shatow.net> wrote:
>
>> You also need this in the pkg-plist to fix it being a leftover:
>>
>>   @dirrmtry %%RIAK_DBDIR%%
>>

> Unfortunately this doesnt work, because it gets expanded to
> /usr/local//var/db/riak from pkg-plist. That's why its not there.

  RIAK_DBDIR?=    /var/db/${PORTNAME}

You have it right there as /var/db, there is no PREFIX there for
/usr/local to slip in. Perhaps you have RIAK_DBDIR=/usr/local/var/db in
your make.conf? And even if you do, it should try to remove any
directory it creates on uninstall. It doesn't matter where it is.

Having a leftover like that means the port will not be committed.