[HEADS UP] Tcl/Tk moves to the USES framework

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Sep 19 21:09:11 UTC 2013

--On September 19, 2013 2:00:04 PM +0200 Pietro Cerutti <gahr at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> All,
>
> as of r327607 [1], Tcl/Tk ports can use the new USES framework, as
> described in [2].
>
> We (tcltk@) could use your help to transition from the deprecated
> USE_TCL and USE_TK variables to the new framework.
>
> For this, I have set up a wiki page at [3] to help coordinate the
> efforts. There are currently 235 ports that need an update. If you
> happen to be the maintainer of one of these ports, please consider
> updating it and move the corresponding row from the "Ports to convert"
> to the "Ports already converted" table in the Wiki, or just send in a
> patch and ask tcltk@ do the job :)
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
>
> Pietro
> for tcltk@
>
> [1]
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-ports-all/2013-September/029743.ht
> ml [2]
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-ports-all/2013-September/029745.ht
> ml [3] https://wiki.freebsd.org/UseTclTk

If you're going to ask us port maintainers to do this sort of thing, it
would be nice if you first put the file in /usr/ports/Mk/Uses.

/usr/ports]# portsnap update
Ports tree is already up to date.

/usr/ports]# find /usr/ports/Mk/Uses -name tcl.mk
/usr/ports]# ls /usr/ports/Mk/Uses/
ada.mk			cmake.mk		fmake.mk		gmake.mk		motif.mk		perl5.mk		readline.mk
	zenoss.mk
bison.mk		desktop-file-utils.mk	fuse.mk			iconv.mk		ncurses.mk
	pkgconfig.mk		shared-mime-info.mk
charsetfix.mk		display.mk		gettext.mk		imake.mk		pathfix.mk		qmail.mk
	shebangfix.mk

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst