poudriere ports tree create/delete?

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 21:03:53 UTC 2013

>From ohauer at gmx.de Thu Sep 12 21:58:25 2013
>
>On 2013-09-12 16:58, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>> I'm trying to set up poudriere.
>> I two places I see this command:
>>
>> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=38859
>> https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/doc/trunk/doc/use_system_ports_tree.wiki
>>
>> poudriere ports -c -F -f none -M /usr/ports -p default
>>
>> or
>>
>> poudriere ports -c -F -f none -M /ports/custom -p custom
>>
>> So what exactly is the result of this command?
>> Should something appear under $BASEFS?
>>
>> My system tree is /usr/ports.
>> I normally update it via svn+https.
>> I run the following command:
>>
>> poudriere ports -c -F -f none -M /usr/ports -p default
>>
>> and got
>>
>> # poudriere ports -l
>> PORTSTREE            METHOD     PATH
>> default              portsnap   /usr/ports
>> #
>>
>> I can't seem to update it:
>>
>> # poudriere ports -u
>> ====>> Updating portstree "default"
>> portsnap: Directory does not exist or is not writable: /usr/ports/.snap
>> #
>>
>> I presume it's because the tree is updated
>> with svn+https and not with portsnap.
>> So now I want to change the update method to svn+https.
>> How do I do this?
>>
>> What happens if I run
>>
>> poudriere ports -d
>>
>> Will I delete my /usr/ports?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Anton
>>

>Hi Anton,
>
>param -m will do the trick, from man (8) poudriere
>
>     -m method    Specifies which method to use to create the ports tree.
>                  Could be portsnap, git, svn{,+http,+https,+file,+ssh}
>                  (Default: portsnap).

I'm sure I tried it, but still got portsnap:

# poudriere ports -l
PORTSTREE            METHOD     PATH
default              portsnap   /usr/ports
system               -          /usr/ports
sys                  portsnap   /usr/ports
#

Anyway, I'm trying to delete the poudriere ports tree as

# poudriere ports -d
====>> Deleting portstree "default"

but it sits forever without exiting.

I'm not even sure which directories and/or files
this command is supposed to delete.

This is on ia64 r255488.

# pkg info -xo poud
poudriere-devel-3.0.99.20130906 ports-mgmt/poudriere-devel
#

Thanks

Anton