What is MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Sep 11 05:50:09 UTC 2013

Am 10.09.2013 19:46, schrieb Thomas Mueller:
>> Can I safely
>> pkg delete -f gio-fam-backend
>> since its function is (?) presumably filled by glib 2.36 ?
>
> Yes, providing that you've rebuilt all ports that did previously require
> gio-fam-backend.
>
> I had three that failed, and MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes apparently had no effect:
> multimedia/mplayer, graphics/gstreamer-plugins-gl, multimedia/vlc

Tom,

please make sure to get your mail replies right.

1. You need to properly mark quoted material (indentation, attribution
line, and similar).  You did not consistently quote my material, which
was the "Yes, providing that..." paragraph above.  It lacks a level of
indentation, and I do not tolerate misappropriation of my material
however short it is. (Which is why this reply is public.)

2. Please use a mailer that keeps threads intact (In-Reply-To: header
required).  Since your replies did not thread this discussion properly,
can I ask you to use a different mailer so that your replies appear in line?

Thank you.

Best regards
Matthias