[CFT] Update of xorg libraries and MESA

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 9 14:53:01 UTC 2013

On 09/09/13 14:49, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> [Cross-posted between x11@ and ports@, please respect reply-to]
>
> Hi!
> It is time once again to update parts of the FreeBSD xorg stack, and the
> x11@ team needs YOUR help in testing!
>
> The attached patch, also available in the latest updated version at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~zeising/xorg-mesaupdate.diff
> updates various xorg related libraries and drivers, most of this is
> visible for all users of xorg.
> xorg-server now has the possibility to use devd instead of hal for
> autoconfiguration.
> It also updates the MESA stack (libGL, dri) and libdrm for users of the
> new xorg stack (WITH_NEW_XORG=).
> Last, but definitely not least, it enables KMS for ati graphics cards,
> if you have the latest current, and compile with WITH_NEW_XORG=.
>
> It also contains a shlib version bumb of pixman, and ports depending on
> pixman.  Be aware of this when updating pixman.
>
> Please test this on as many platforms and versions of FreeBSD as
> possible, both the old and new stack, so that we can try to avoid any
> regressions or other issues.  The plan is to have this in the ports tree
> in a few weeks, at the most.
>
> To use the patch, check out the ports tree, preferably using svn and
> apply the patch using svn patch /path/to/patch.  It should be possible
> to apply the patch using patch as well, but this is not tested.
> After the patch is applied, recompile the updated ports.  See UPDATING
> for further instructions regarding libGL, dri and pixman.  This is
> important!
>
> Please let us know of any issues, or if everything is working without a
> hitch.
>
> For more information, see https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics and
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Xorg , or come talk to us in
> #freebsd-xorg at EFNet on IRC.
>
> Regards!

Hi!
There was a mistake in the previous patch, which made the build of
xorg-server fail.  The patch has been updated, and the updated version
is attached.
As always, it is possible to find the latest version of the patch at
http://people.freebsd.org/~zeising/xorg-mesaupdate.diff
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Regards!
--